** what I've done is pretty similar to this.
I created a additional view that I access this way

http://midtier.providence.org/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=IS+Survey&server=arsprod&username=SurveyEntry&pwd=survey&view=Dialog&F1=$Request ID$

I believe this F1 is documented in the Advanced Developper Guide

Notice, you could do the checks for the username and the pwd in the background too.
It's probably safer

Hope that helps
Serouche

Smith, Ron [TBC] wrote:
** Opening a record through a Mid-Tier URL

Hi all,
I hope someone can help me with this.  I have a form that I have setup and I am attempting to use a Mid-Tier URL for people to click on.  It uses a Generic User name and Password in the URL.  What I need is to fire workflow to Open the Window up without the Results List, similar to a Display type window.  It doesn't seem to recognize Entry ID even though I specified the Entry ID in the URL.  Has anyone done something similar?  Here is my URL that I am using:

http://midtier.providence.org/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=IS+Survey&view=Dialog&server=arsprod&username=SurveyEntry&pwd=survey&eid=000000000000301

ARServer 6.3 patch 21
MidTier 6.3 patch 21

Ron Smith
Remedy/Web Developer
Providence Health & Services OR
ron.sm...@providence.org
503-216-7866

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this message.__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___