From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Mark Lev
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: "Login SQL" where is it?

I believe this should be configurable; not everyone agrees that it
should be case sensitive, and rather than forcing one mind-set, a
configurable option, based on the customers requirements, would be
better.  This has dogged some of our customers for years, and caused
user inconvenience.  Customer has to adapt or suffer to abide by
application mandates.  I've done this before in custom development
(non-Remedy), where back end processing manipulates case [LOWER(user
input) = LOWER(db)] validation to shield user from this, where case
sensitivity is relevant.

The requirement to have unique Login ID's already exists in every
practical situation I've come across, enforcing this regardless of case
(Demo = demo).  This is a functional "limitation" rather than a
technical one of Demo != demo.

If you should disagree with this, or your requirement is different, the
option to enforce case would be available, so no harm, no foul.

Just my two cents worth.

Mark