From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:52 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Tomcat Settings for ARS 7.1

**

I have not seen it in writing, but when we were doing performance
testing of the 7.x mid-tiers over the last two years we found that any
max setting over 1536 made tomcat unstable or hindered startup.  This
was true in both Win2K3 x86 and x64 environments, with several versions
of tomcat (all 32-bit of course).  Until we get a 64-bit tomcat, 64-bit
JVM, and 64-bit mid-tier that actually work together properly, I'm
guessing that this restriction will remain in place.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/