That all depends on your needs.  Fixed and Floating licenses allow
users to submit and modify all entries, barring any other security you
might add.  The difference between fixed and floating is that Floating
licenses are shared.  If you have 20 users sharing 5 floating
licenses, only 5 users can login with read/write access.  A fixed
license is a dedicated license to individual users.  Someone with a
fixed license will always be allowed to login with read/write access.
"Read" licenses allow users to submit and modify only those entries
that they created.
Then there is the "Restricted Read" license that only allows submit.

"Read" and "Restricted Read" licenses are unlimited.  You can assign
as many of these as you wish.

James