Hello,

I learned something new today that seemed kind of nuanced, so I thought I'd
share.  Running a "$PROCESS$ Application-Confirm-Group 1" returns 0 when
run as AR_ESCALATOR.  The manuals say that AR_ESCALATOR runs with
Administrator permissions, so I would have expected this run process to
return a 1 (saying that AR_ESCALATOR is in the group).  It turns out that
since AR_ESCALATOR doesn't have a record in the user form, it technically
isn't in the Administrator group, although it runs with Administrator
permissions.  Go figure.

For those of you that have recently mentioned you are working on a
CTM:People integration, this is where I found the issue.  The escalation I
had created to push records to the CTM:People form was setting the
'Unrestricted' (access) field to Yes, but it wasn't getting set on the
final records.  The filters in play are:
CTM:PPL:ChkUnrestrictedAccess_595  -  has the Application-Confirm-Group
command and sets a temp field.
CTM:PPL:ChkUnrestrictedAccess-Fail_596 - checks the temp field (and some
other stuff) and clears the Unrestricted field.  Since AR_ESCALATOR wasn't
confirmed to be an Administrator, this was firing and clearing my value.
To fix it, I added $USER $ != "AR_ESCALATOR" to the end of the Run-If.
There is also a "CTM:PPL:ChkUnrestrictedAccess-Fail2_596" filter that does
the opposite, so I added the same thing to the end of its Run-If.

Anyway, I hope that saves someone some hassles at some point.

ITSM 7.0.3 patch 9
ARS 7.1 patch 6

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.
*