From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Danny Kellett
Sent: March 20, 2009 12:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Anyone using the Remedy C-API on windows?

**

>From the posters original email I would say they are new to C. So I would
stay away from non ide compilers e.g. gcc etc. Reason being is that most
ide's such as VC or kdevelop will help you highlight the area of code that
may not be correct visually, rather than try and read verbose output from a
command line.

There are plenty of learn C for free sites on the net. Have a go at those
first. Learn about strings, arrays, pointers, structs and then compiling and
linking. Then the AR Api will be easier to understand. Its not rocket
science and can actually be fun. (Danny puts on his geek hat, with a stupid
grin on his face J)

Regards

Danny