What version of CMDB are you running?  There is a compatibility issue
between CMDB 2.0<p4 and ARS 7.1

Here is some information from my encounter with this issue:

4) As per the information, you have CMDB 2.0.1 P3 with AR Server 7.1 P2 (
CMDB 2.0.1 P3 is not compatible with ARS 7.1, you must upgrade your CMDB
to CMDB 2.0.1 P4 or onwards. Latest CMDB Version is 2.1 P3).

When I use cmdbdriver I can get the class from the other server using
xexpdf.  When using impdf the server crashes with the following error and
nothing is imported:

Mon Aug 11 12:39:11 2008  390600 : AR System server terminated when a
signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)
Mon Aug 11 12:39:11 2008
   Timestamp: Mon Aug 11 2008 12:39:11.7080
   Thread Id: 8064
   Version: 7.1.00 Patch 002 RTCL-05/23/08 200802201753 May 23 2008
10:30:13
   ServerName: remedy-test
   Database: SQL -- Oracle
   Hardware: Intel Pentium
   OS: Windows NT 5.2
   RPC Id: 160477
   RPC Call: 40 (EXP)
   RPC Queue: 390600
   Client: User tkmah83 from Unidentified Client (protocol 12) at IP
address 10.1.35.2
   Form:
   Logging On: Alert User Thread
   Code: c0000005
   Operation: read
   Access Addr: 0x5c
   Stack Begin:
      Addr: 013D11D4
      Addr: 0141103F
      Addr: 0140792C
      Addr: 019AFE21
   Stack End

Mon Aug 11 12:39:11 2008  390600 : AR System server terminated when a
signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)
Mon Aug 11 12:39:11 2008     0xc0000005
Mon Aug 11 12:39:11 2008  390600 : AR System server terminated -- fatal
error encountered (ARNOTE 21)

ARS 7.1p2
CMDB 2.0.1p3