Hi Janie,

You are right.  I am trying to add fields directly to the form in the Admin
tool.

We purchased the v6 Asset Management module about five years ago, but out of
its vast potential, we have only used two of its forms.  When we upgraded our
ARSystem to V7 we were told that we needed to hire a consultant to upgrade the
CMDB.  We consulted with a consultant, and he said that since we are only using
a small portion of the module the best thing to do was just go on using the two
form and not bother upgrading the CMDB until we decided to use the entire
system.

So now we are at ARS 7.1, with a v6 CMDB, and trying to use two Asset
Management forms as regular Remedy forms.

What puzzles me is that I have added fields directly into
BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem_ before and I never got that "SQL view" error.  Now I
get the error message when adding new fields, and the system will let me add
those old fields to BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem, but not the new ones.

I tried checking out the "CMDB Console" and "CMDB2ASSET synchronization" and it
looks like something requiring an extra layer of knowledge, and which probably
won't work anyway given that our CMDB version doesn't match our ARS version.

So, any suggestions for a workaround?  If not, I'll just say a big THANK YOU!
for your reply and abandon the project.  At least I know WHY it isn't working.

Gratefully yours,
Dwayne Martin