This looks familiar ... Check the securty setting on the DC's. Does it have required security certificate. If so you will have issues

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2009, at 12:39 PM, Mark Lev <mark....@rightstarsystems.com> wrote:

We are getting this error when trying to connect a Vendor Form to our AD.

Anyone have any ideas what/how to resolve this. LDAP admin isn't sure what is causing this between AD and Remedy.

Error message below
-----------------------------
Cannot connect to the directory service : Strong authentication required (LDAPERR 8)00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C09018A, comment: The server requires binds to turn on integrity checking if SSL\TLS are not already active on the connection, data 0, vece (ARERR 3375)

LDAP authentication is working. Password is strong. We believe it has to do with Network security: LDAP client signing requirements policy, but we have tried options including setting to None, and this didn't resolve.

I have not found "turn on integrity checking" anywhere on how to do this. They are not using SSL.

Windows Server 2003 SP2
ARS 7.1
ITSM 7.0.3
all latest patch levels

If you need more details, please let me know. I appreciate any assistance on this error.

Thanks,
Mark