Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 12:26 PM
Subject: Inconsistant Search times

All,

We've created a custom ticket form which as approximately 75 fields
including three tables. We've also imported approx 600K records to this
form. When we do a search on the unique index (field 1) we are getting
inconsistant response times. The search can take anywhere from less then one second to 8 seconds (this happens regardless if you use the same ID over and
over or a different ID each time). The search only returns one row as
expected. We've run the query on the DB and via SQL plus from the app server and it returns within milliseconds. To add to this strange behaviour, after
restarting the application servers, the response time is consistantly at
less then a second, then over about an 8 hour period is becomes
inconsistant. We've tried disabling escalations and adding indices as well
as adding some parameters to the ar.cfg (such as cluster-index, etc). All
other forms (HPD, CHG, etc) do not display this behaviour. As anyone seen
this before or have any ideas to try and get a consistant response?

We are running ARS 7.1 patch 5 and ITSM patch 8 on Windows 2003 and Oracle
10

Mike