From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Dwayne Martin
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 1:00 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SV: Preparing import file with date fields in Excel

Thanks, Jonas.

The problem is, I don't know what the day, month, and year are.  It appears in
the cell as "5/6/2009  4:34:00 PM."

I would have to do some very fancy parcing to come up with the values, and even
then it wouldn't include the time, which in the case of "Creation Date" or
"Date Modified" is important. I tried feeding it the whole value as one chunk,
but it wouldn't take it.

According to my Excel help, DATE() returns the serial number of a date.  What I
need is something that will take the serial number and return a date as a
string, but I can't seem to find that.

An idea I'm working on: Export the dates separately to an ".arx" (import) file.
 Then import them into the Excel spreadsheet, where they will appear as
numbers, which can be imported.  As long as the data doesn't change between
exports it should work, but one little glitch and everything is all out of sync.

Thanks again,
Dwayne