All,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I looked into the logs and played with the SQL
some more and got resolution.  First thing I noticed once it started working
is that when you trigger a filter on save and/or modify of a field and
reference that field from the database, you get the value BEFORE the update
and not after.  So, I re-worked it and used the power of SQL against the
field record and not the database entry and it worked.  Below is the query I
used in case any are interested.

update HPD_Help_Desk set SLM_EMAIL_TO = (rtrim(ltrim(substring('$Assigned
Group$', Charindex('-', '$Assigned Group$') + 1, Len('$Assigned Group$'))))
+ 't...@client.com'), SLM_EMAIL_CC = (rtrim(ltrim(substring('$Assigned
Group$', Charindex('-', '$Assigned Group$') + 1, Len('$Assigned Group$'))))
+ 't...@client.com') + '; ' + (rtrim(ltrim(substring('$Assigned Group$',
Charindex('-', '$Assigned Group$') + 1, Len('$Assigned Group$')))) +
't...@client.com'), SLM_EMAIL_BCC = 'serviced...@gssamerica.com' where
(Incident_Number = '$Incident Number$' and (upper('$Assigned Group$') like
upper('%Tier 4%')))

Thanks,

Scott
Scott Fluegge
CIO & Sr. VP of Operations
GSS America Infotech Ltd., A SEI-CMMI Level 3 certified company
Third Floor, Block ‘B’,
Cyber Gateway, HITEC City, Madhapur,
Hyderabad - 500 081. AP. India
Phone : 91 40 44556600 ext: 312