Tina,

The blue banner at the top of most of the OOB forms is just a background image of a blue bar with the BMC logo in the right corner. Before you try a lot of image manipulation, try this:

1- Open the form in ARAdmin

2- Form Menu -> Current View -> Properties -> Appearance.

3- In the background section, change the Horizontal field from Left to Fill. This will stretch the image to the right, and how far is determined by which fields are VISIBLE when the form is displayed.

4- Press OK. You'll see the difference immediately. If you don't like it, don't save it.

5- Save the form

If you have added only a narrow field on the right the worst that will happen is that the BMC logo will widen slightly.

I have done this with a few forms that I no longer care are exactly 1024x768, and it works well as long as the new view isn't a LOT wider than the old one.

If you want to export the image use the Save To Disk button and save it as image.bmp or image.jpg (adding the .bmp file extension yourself. Just type it). You can then modify the saved image in something like Paint or the Snag-it image editor or just about any other graphics program.

Of course, BMC might object to distortion of their logo :-)

Hope this helps...

Doug Blair