I see - are you really sure that Development Cache Mode is on? You'd have to
restart the server after setting the checkbox in order for the setting to
take effect. But as I mentioned, you will be experiencing other kinds of
performance issues - maybe the one you mentioned - if you are running
Development Cache Mode on a production system. If you'd want to take my
advice, to prevent performance issues, please do not use this on a
production environment.

In my experience, Development Cache Mode is a GREAT thing for test or
development servers with only a couple of users; but will be able to bring
your system to a grinding halt when large amounts of users are connected.

Also, I would strongly advice not import workflow objects on a live server
during business hours. Please use a downtime slot in your SLA for this and
make sure no users are connected to your server (for instance setting
Admin-Only mode and disconnecting all connected users).  And, of course,
make sure to communicate your scheduled downtime to your users...

Kind regards,
--
Michiel Beijen
Software Consultant