All,

I have two hot issues and both are being denied support by my BMC partner
because they call them customizations.  Can someone please help me out?  We
are desperate here.  I will open them in two mails as they are not directly
related.

This first issue is with Sys Notifications.  We are trying to add the phone
number from the HPD_Help_Desk form of the incident customer to the sys
notifications emails.  For some strange reason this field is not one of the
options.

I found the following instructions in a link
(http://www.mail-archive.com/arslist@arslist.org/msg48716.html) and followed
them.  It did add the OPTION for phone number to the SYS Notification but
inside the NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessage filter I found there was no
mapping for phone number so when I tried to use $Phone Number$ as
instructed, Remedy would put quotes around it and then literally replace it
with $Phone Number$!!  So I know quoted values worked as string replace but
not lookup.

I then tried to map that form to HPD_Help_Desk instead of CURRENT
TRANSACTION (at least the set field action) but when I did that, the emails
stopped working.

We got some more instructions from BMC Support before they stopped taking
this issue which listed more to do (included below)

As per logs and webex session we understand that You have created a new
record on SYS:Form Field Selection for a new filed Phone Number (User Phone
Number). This allows you to select the #Phone Number# filed on
SYS:Notification Messages form. You have added this filed on
SYS:Notification Messages form for Incident Assignment Notifications. From
the notification audit log, it is observed that the filed value is not
getting updated with the proper value. i.e. in Notification message the
User's Phone is #Phone Number# and not updated with the actual phone number.

With these out of the box forms and workflows you can create Menu Items but
to populate the values dynamically, you need to customize the existing forms
and workflows.

Below are the reasons and actions required to achieve this customization

1) The Notification filed values are captured from three forms NTE:SYS-NT
Process Control, NTE:SYS-Group NT Control and NTE:SYS-Individual NT Control

2) The User Phone Number (Requester Phone Number) filed is not created on
the above three out of the box forms (You need to create one filed Requester
Phone Number)

3) The filed values in the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form are updated by a
workflow Filter HPD:INC:NotificationGenerator_899_PNPC'!(You need to modify
the push field action to push Phone Number from HPD:Help Desk

4) These values are translated into SYS:Notification Messages form by the
filter NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC3_102. Modify this filter with
additional set filed action before Exit Guide to translate the #Phone
Number# filed

These steps were also followed to no availe.  We are STILL not getting the
#Phone Number# replaced with the phone number on the incident.  HELP!!

Thanks,

Scott