Thanks Jennifer.

How about replication? Does MS-SQL have a replication tool?

Marc

From:
"Meyer, Jennifer L" <jennifer.me...@its.nc.gov>
To:
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date:
07/01/2009 12:26 PM
Re: Changing databases
Sent by:
"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

**
You are aware that MS-SQL is a Microsoft product with all the baggage that
entails?

If you are prepared to take that on, it?s a nice product.  Runs smoothly,
graphical user interface is easy to understand, really easy to schedule
backups and perform regular maintenance.  You?ll be able to cross-train
your DBAs on some other stuff.  It plays best with other Microsoft
products.

Jennifer Meyer