Excellent thread that got me going in the right direction.

The data management tool is pretty cool.  I was able to leverage it's
existing update functionality to update the Login ID fairly easily by
pushing an entry into DLD:SYS:DataWizAction and creating a copy of the
DLD:DAT:LoginID_Update_G filter to fire on Submit during my People import
process.

Jon