We use SQL to get our data out of the product catalog because of the pains
you mentioned.

Off the top of my head - doesn't meet your model/version or date
requirement... might want to add the tier info...

select product_name from pct_product_catalog
minus
select distinct product_name from hpd_help_desk

hth,
Tony