From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kemes, Lisa
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:23 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mid Tier 7.5 Installation....

**
I just upgraded our Mid Tier from 7.0.1 p5 to 7.5 p2 on our Windows 2003 Server
(it's a Mid Tier server only, AR Server is not installed).

We used to have JRE 1.5.0_11 and JDK 1.5.0_11.  I installed JRE 1.6.0_14 and
JDK6 and pointed the installation to these folders at installation.  After
installing everything (and a reboot just for good measure), the configuration
tool still shows that Java Version is 1.5.0_11.

Another thing is that we are at version Tomcat 5.5.17, I was hoping that the
Mid Tier installation would upgrade this to 5.5.25.  (the config tool still
shows 5.5.17)

Should I installed Tomcat 5.5.25 separately, and how can I "point" the mid tier
to Java Version 6?

Lisa Kemes
AR System Developer
Tyco Electronics