Lyle,

I was going in that direction at first but I backed off of manipulating
the User form. I already have 235 groups and most of them are for
notification purposes. I was hoping to avoid adding more groups that
would just be for notification and "reporting" roles. If I get this
working I should be able to eliminate some of the Groups for other
applications and use this format.

I only need one (1) group to permit changes (A1_Change) on the
application. So any new user will get their account created with
A1_Change permissions. When the customer needs to add a new functional
group (Procurement) the Maintainer can create the pseudo-group in the
permissions form and pull in the new employee to that functional group.
They could then select check boxes for Create , Change or Maintain
depending on what they want that permission group to do.
If we use additional ARS Groups they will need to wait for an ARS Admin
to create the group, set up the workflow and add it to the proper table
for the Maintainers to have access.

I'm just trying to off load the tasks that can be better maintained by
some one closer to the business process and reduce the amount of
unnecessary Groups for the system to cache.
Am I complicating things?
Is there a point when there are too many Groups?

Thanks,

---
John J. Reiser
Senior Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased
by me