I'm assuming that you are on ITSM 7.x.  I'm sure that the answer will be
different for 6.x or earlier.

What you can do is create your own translate filter to do this.  We added
one to translate #TIMESTAMP# into the actual timestamp, but you could come
up with your own tag, like #MODTIME#, and translate that into your
$TIMESTAMP$ - $Modified Date$ value.

I know of no built-in structure to do this.  If you follow the code you find
all the translate filters so this seems like the best place to put something
like this.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Chuck Baldi