From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of PRUITT, CHRISTOPHER
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 3:11 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Stumped - Need some fresh eyes

We are stumped on a filter that does not want to fire correctly.

Here is the situation.

We have an Asset record that has no billing end date set.
We set the Billing End Date to the current date/time along with other fields
and the filter with the Run If Qualification: 'Billing_End_Date' !=
'DB.Billing_End_Date' fires, as expected. This filter is just setting a Audit
Trail entry.
Right after that, on the same record about 3-5 seconds later we set the Billing
End Date back to NULL along with other fields and the same filter does not fire.

This is happening inside of a Filter Guide process that calls two different
Filter Guide. The first is Set the Asset to Inactive, the second is Set Asset
to Active along with new Data. All the data gets set correct including the
Billing End Date

We do a move by first setting the data for the current Asset record that has
Active Billing to Inactive and Set the Billing End Date along with other
fields.
Later in the Filter Guide process we take that same record and update the new
data and reactivate the billing under the new person and set the Billing End
Date to NULL.  It should work right?

Now here is the rub.

If we set the Asset record by itself to Inactive and Set the Billing End Date
the filter with the Run If Qualification: 'Billing_End_Date' !=
'DB.Billing_End_Date' fires.
Then is we set the Asset record by itself to active and Set the Billing End
Date to NULL the filter with the Run If Qualification: 'Billing_End_Date' !=
'DB.Billing_End_Date' fires. But not when we do it inside of a Guide.

Anyone ever see this happen before?

Our environment is:
Oracle 10g
Remedy 7.1.00 Build 200708221849
SunOS 5.9

Christopher Pruitt
HP Enterprise Services
Bank of America Account | CIA - Integrated Applications | IW Infrastructure Team
972.605.7702 office | christopher.pru...@hp.com

copies of the original message.