I still do the god old fashioned method of sending an email to the list server

To:                    lists...@listserv.rbugs.com
Subject:            List Command

Body:                SUBSCRIBE ARSLIST Joe H. Smith

(of course replacing Joe H. Smith with the real name)

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Martin, Robert
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:58 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Subscribing to ARSLIST

**
Dear List,

I am trying to help a new user subscribe to ARSLIST.  I once found instructions
on the BMC Support website, but now I can't find them again.

I went to the archives and "Subscriber's Corner" and selected "Show: All
Lists," but it didn't bring up ARSLIST.

I appreciate BMC's desire to not "own" ARSLIST, but it seems that letting
people know about its existence would not be going too far.

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University