From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of John Baker
Sent: October 12, 2009 5:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy Single Sign ON

Dear listers,

As I'm sure many of you have already noticed, the SSO product brought to
market by Remedy SSO seems very similar to the product launched by Java
System Solutions in 2006.  Indeed, it's more than a little similar, it's
almost the same product - right down to the installation manual, which is a
largely a copy of the installation manual shipped with the JSS SSO Plugin.

Further to the above, we've already discovered that the Midtier plugin is a
copy of our own.  The licensing code has been present in our XML Gateway
product since 2005!

Not only is the product mostly the same, the marketing material is almost a
complete copy of our own. It's really quite amazing that someone could do
this and believe they'd get away with it!

We've now collected a variety of evidence and will be putting together a
report for the BMC Community on this product, however we hope by that point,
the site will be pulled.

The good news is, we collected the information before Remedy SSO started
pulling parts of the website after realising that Remedy users aren't
stupid.

On a brighter note, look out for the newest release of the Java System
Solutions SSO Plugin - still the only bespoke SSO Plugin for the AR System,
complete with Windows User Tool support!

John Baker

http://www.javasystemsolutions.com