Hey, Listers:

I hope all of you are doing well.

In 2007 Jackie Morris sent a request to the ARSLIST regarding the same
issue on the Remedy Email Engine, but it appears no one responded.  Or
at least they didn't respond to the list.  Has anyone ever found the
root cause to this error?

We have now experiencing the same error.  The error immediately below
repeats about 100 times within the same second and is then followed by
Out of Memory errors.

Oct 20, 2009 7:05:26 AM com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Folder checkOpen
SEVERE: Folder is not Open
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Folder is not Open
        at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Folder.checkOpen(POP3Folder.java:397)
        at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Folder.getProtocol(POP3Folder.java:424)
        at
com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Message.loadHeaders(POP3Message.java:430)
        at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Message.getHeader(POP3Message.java:255)
        at
javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.getMessageID(MimeMessage.java:1162)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.checkAndSkipStoredMessages(R
eceiverModule.java:373)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.doWork(ReceiverModule.java:2
51)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:268)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I have Googled and made a frustrating attempt to review the BMC
Knowledge Base (ugh!).  I did find some reference to the Inbox of the
POP3 mailbox not being available.  The problem is that we have multiple
POP3 mailboxes and they all stop working when this error presents
itself.  Outgoing notifications sent FROM Remedy via SMTP continues to
work during this time.  However, a restart of the Remedy Email engine is
required to start the polling on the Pop3 mailboxes again.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

This server environment is on ARS 6.3 Patch 20,
Remedy Email Engine 6.3 patch 23.  java max is set to 512MB
Windows 2003 server
SQL server 2000

Thank you in advance,
Michelle