From: O'Hara, Jim
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 3:10 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: failed install ARS 5.1.2 Solaris 10

Tech support says this is an unsupported platform.  I'm wondering if I
can install anyway, and asked for more help.  Any help out there in
arslist land?

Platform Solaris 10, Sybase 12.5.3

Doing a 5.1.2 install as part of a server move/upgrade to v.7.

Here is the output from my install.  I have tried both root and
non-root.

ars02-new% ./ar_install
dumb: Unknown terminal type

*
*      Action Request System(R) 5.01.02 Installation
*

A record of this installation will be kept in /usr/tmp/ar_install.log

Operating System must be Solaris 2.6 or later

AR System installation terminated at .

Check /usr/tmp/ar_install.log and /usr/tmp/arErrorLog
to identify the problem. If necessary, call Technical Support
to resolve the problem.

Once the problem has been resolved, restart the installation by
issuing the following command
   ./ar_install

./ar_install: 666: not found
./ar_install: 666: not found
ars02-new% more /usr/tmp/ar_install.log
Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:19:10 PM PDT

*
*      Action Request System(R) 5.01.02 Installation
*

A record of this installation will be kept in /usr/tmp/ar_install.log

Operating System must be Solaris 2.6 or later

AR System installation terminated at .

Check /usr/tmp/ar_install.log and /usr/tmp/arErrorLog
to identify the problem. If necessary, call Technical Support
to resolve the problem.

Once the problem has been resolved, restart the installation by
issuing the following command
   ./ar_install

ars02-new% more /usr/tmp/arErrorLog
Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:19:10 PM PDT
ars02-new%