The Solaris application is dependent upon the hardware so the Solaris
App would be a Child of the UNIX server. It helps me to think of Child/
Parent as dependent/ host. Solaris cannot host UNIX but UNIX can host an
application.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Koyb P. Liabt
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 11:35 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Parent _ Child Relationship Server Appliction

**

Hi,

We are having confusion in our organization.

Relationships - If let's say Solaris Applications sit on the UNIX
server.  Is the Solaris Application a child of the Unix server.  Or is
the Unix server a child of the Solaris Application.

We are just trying to understand what is the relationship of the
applications.

Are"_