many thanks for this Rabi.
I'll try to find my out of this project.
I'll keep you informed if I succeed.

Rabi Tripathi wrote:
Sereche,
I briefly looked at doing something similar, but I have put it on hold for now.
Part of the issue was that I don't understand all the terminologies and
concepts involved in the literature out there about
authentication/authorization mechanisms to make much sense and to figure out
what is the best course of action for me. Not a situation I like being in, but
I couldn't spend much time to overcome it.

Here's a tip of potentially dubious value: It appears that use of Kerberos may
simplify what you are trying to do. People have sample code for Kerberos based
authentication with Remedy. CAS I believe can handle that.

In my case, it appeared that doing authentication for web based clients is
easier than doing it for Windows client. I have a mixed client base, so that
doesn't help much.

Another trivia...Remedy can handle authentication through LDAP very easily, no code required. So,
if your LDAP is setup to talk to CAS, organizations have used Remedy<->LDAP<-><CAS
or CAS like authentication system> to do authentication. Remedy won't know and won't care that
LDAP is just a relay and is having CAS do the real authentication.

Here's something worth a look:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-singlesign/

Sorry, I just have these random tidbits.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Remedy Maniac <remedy.man...@googlemail.com>