This is the function I ended up with, that worked.

function|replace($UserName$,"DomainA/","" )

Thanks

"Kaiser, Norm E CIV USAF AFMC 96 CS/SCOKT" <norm.kai...@eglin.af.mil>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
12/22/2009 11:28 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Removing a particular word in string

Just use the REPLACE function. It's exactly what you're looking for.