Posted this in the BMCDN Community as well:

I have my Incident Management rules set to create request on submit.  We also
have some workflow in place to autofill customer information when we search by
Corporate ID or Login ID.  It seems that if we perform our search and generate
the Incident ID in this manner the rules aren't checked and a Service Request
is not created.  This in turn stops surveys from being created.  I have
verified that everything is working properly when I search by last name.

After analyzing a couple of AL logs and comparing the results this is what I
came up with:

"When a contact search is performed using the Corporate ID or Login ID field
the HPD:INC:ContactSearch_FoundMatch_046_GetPersonInfo AL fires which will
populate the fields, then executes a call guide (HPD:INC:ContactFound).  After
that it generates the Incident ID, then it closes without checking the incident
rules.

When a contact search is performed using the last name or first and last name
fields this will trigger the HPD:INC:ContactSearch_DoSearch_105 AL which runs a
call guide and triggers a run process on the z3Btn Perform Contact Search
(302064000) button.  This runs through several ALs that will fill the fields
based on the name criteria, create the incident number, and then it processes
the rules.

It seems I will need to create a new AL similar to AL
HPD:INC:PCS_200_Search>=YesSearchRules which will Run Process
PERFORM-ACTION-ACTIVE-LINK 1 302063600, which refers to a hidden button (z3Btn
HPD Rules Search) that will execute 4 other ALs to process the rules."

My issue is that there is a qualification on
HPD:INC:PCS_200_Search>=YesSearchRules that seems stop the AL from running
everytime we change the customer info.  If I were to add the Run Process
PERFORM-ACTION-ACTIVE-LINK 1 302063600 to
HPD:INC:ContactSearch_FoundMatch_046_GetPersonInfo would this cause any issues
such as multiple Service Request's being created?  Anyone else deal with this
issue?
Sincerely,

Robert Fults
Remedy Dev.