I got it figured out.  Just had to dig a little deeper.

Lyle

From: Lyle Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:48 PM
To: 'arslist@ARSLIST.ORG'
Subject: Retrieve Selection Field Values using API

Hi all,

Remedy 7.1 p5

I'm trying to write a type of specialized import program, and I've come across
what may be a bug in the .NET API in setting the value of Selection Fields
using the ID (numerical value) - it seems to be setting the fields to $NULL$
instead of the value I've supplied.  I've found, however, that I can
successfully set the value using a string, but I'm pulling the values that I'm
setting from Remedy using the API, and it returns the ID rather than the
string.  So, I'm trying to figure out how I can get the string value (Selection
Value) for a given ID for a selection field.  I went back to the C API
documentation, since that's the core of all the other APIs, and perhaps I just
can't see it, but I couldn't find a way using the C API to do it either.  Does
anyone know if there is a way, using any of the APIs, to get the string value
for a given ID for a selection field on a form?

Thanks,
Lyle

copies of the original message.