From: "Brittain, Mark" <mbritt...@navisite.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: 01/29/2010 07:57 AM
Subject: View vs SQL
Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

**
Hi All,

I have a set fields filter with a Read Value for Field From a view form in Remedy. The view form references a single database table. Is there any advantage to using the view form rather than just using a SQL statement. My guess is that if you don’t know SQL use the view.

ARS 6.3 patch 20
Oracle 9.2
SunOS 5.9

Thanks
Mark

Mark Brittain
Remedy Developer

NaviSite

mbritt...@navisite.com
(315) 453-2912 x5418 (Phone)

(315) 317.2897 (Cell)
Reduce Cost of IT with Managed Hosting and Application Services from NaviSite.
Visit
www.NaviSite.com Today.

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature. *