From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Thad K Esser
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 10:53 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ('Status' > "Assigned" AND 'Assignee' != $\NULL$) on submit

**
Hi,

Can someone help me noodle through the purpose of the filters which force the
status of an Incident back to "Assigned" when the assignee changes (ITSM 7.0.3
p9)?  Particularly on submit.

We have several types of incidents that are created automatically (with a
predefined assignee), and we need the status to be "In Progress" in order to
trigger the associated tasks.  Initially, there was only one case for this, so
I just updated the run-if of the filters to accommodate that.  Then a second
case came along and I added that to the run if.  Now, its coming out that we
have a much more varied set of circumstances in which this needs to be
bypassed.  I can come up with several different options for dealing with it,
the easiest of which is to just disable the filters
(HPD:INC:SetStatusAssigned_100 and HPD:INC:SetStatusAssigned_101).  But before
I do that, I would really like to know why they are there to begin with.  "Why,
on submit, the assignee can't (or shouldn't) be set without the status of the
ticket being reset to Assigned?"

Any help is appreciated.
Thad Esser
Remedy Developer

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature. *

copies of the original message.