Renjini,

The key field must meet a variety of very specific conditions.  What you are
seeing is that there are 6
fields on the table that meet the specific criteria for being a key.  The field
you want to select does not
meet those criteria.

Now, the criteria have changed over time.  You did not mention the version of
the AR System server you
are using so I cannot tell whether you will find that more fields qualify for
being the key if you went to a later
version of the AR System.

If you are on version 7.5, that means there are only 6 candidate fields for the
key.

If you are on an earlier version....

Originally, the key field had to be a character field of 15 characters or less.
The next release, we allowed it to be an integer field as well
A release or two later, we allowed longer than 15 character character fields to
be used.

So, you need to look at the rules in the specific release you are running to
see what level you are at with
respect to the restrictions.

Most commonly, users want to select a character field of over 15 characters and
are running a version of the
AR System that is before we expanded the options for the key to allow this.
Upgrading to a later version of
the AR System will eliminate the issue.

I hope this helps,

Doug Mueller