From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Melillo, John
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:55 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy Reports Help

**

I'm hoping one of the experts on this list can help me.  I have become the
defacto Remedy Admin in my company since the official Administrator left a
couple of years ago.

I'm not a Remedy developer, but I have learned enough to keep the system
afloat. Our installation is Remedy 5.1 (yes it's old and unsupported)

I'm having an issue with some Crystal reports that have names and addresses
hardcoded into them and they need to be modified. Simply put, my question is
where are the Crystal report templates stored ? Are they kept in the database ?

There is a Remedy Form which contains a "View PO" Button that is used to create
a Report which is saved as a PDF and is then sent to Vendors.

I need to modify the Crystal Template that creates the PDF.  The "View PO"
Button runs an Active Link which specifies the report name in the Report
Information Tab.

The Name field on the Report Information Tab contains the full path to the
report, D:\Remedy Production\POReport.rpt.
However that is a Windows directory path and our installation of Remedy is on
Unix, so the information doesn't really help me.  (actually it's confuses me)

If I can find the template I can modify it, I have Crystal Reports.  I just
need to find the darn thing.
Believe it or not nobody can tell me if we have a Crystal Reports Enterprise
Server where the templates might be stored.

I appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Thanks
John