Hi Lyle,

Thank you for your response.

That is exactly what is happening, the user is not directly changing a date
value, just trying to approve a change in the Approval Central of ITSM (I'm
not sure if workflow is triggered to update a date field though).

To ensure the locale is correct I'm going to set the locale for all the
users.
For the users that still does not have an application preferences record I
believe that the system locale, present in the Configuration tab of AR
System Administration Console, would be used.

My only concern is that for new records created in the future the default
should be the system locale and not blank as I have seen, to avoid using the
client machine locale as much as possible.

Is there any place that I can specify a default locale for the Application
Preferences that will be created in the future? Or the only way would be to
set a default value for the field in the form?

Thanks again,

Rudolf