Thanks! It sounds like I have to reinstall the midtier ....

Why go with IIS over Tomcat? Management has notified us that it's "the
standard" for the agency.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Schon, Stuart
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:09 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Change from Tomcat to IIS - how?

With version 7.1 you get the option when installing the mid-tier to use IIS,
Tomcat alone or Apache and Tomcat or some other Web Server/Servlet engine
combination. I presume the same is true for 7.5 and 7.6.

When installing with IIS the installer adds an ISAPI dll into IIS this services
the redirection from IIS to Tomcat for those pages that IIS does not know about
i.e. .jsp. Its all very straightforward. Once installed you can use it directly
without additional fiddling. There are some things you can tune which I would
suggest you use.

To use HTTPS on IIS install a script that traps the page not found message on
HTTP and issue the redirect, there is loads of examples on the web.

The question should really be why use IIS at all - Tomcat can be configured to
accept HTTPS and encrypt the channel, also IIS/Tomcat is the worst combo for
performance. Tomcat alone outperforms the combo by up to 20%.

Stuart Schon
Team Leader

Fujitsu Australia Limited
2 Julius Avenue, North Ryde NSW 2113, Australia
T +61 2 9113 9435 M +61 439 475 240
stuart.sc...@au.fujitsu.com
au.fujitsu.com