From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Alvin Cruz
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:27 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ERROR - Tomcat 6 and Mid-Tier 7.5 on Windows XP

**

 All:

I installed tomcat 6 and mid-tier 7.5 on a Windows XP (version 2002 service
pack 3) on my laptop.  The Apache Tomcat 6 service starts but the
stdout_xxxx.log shows the following error

- Trying to load configuration arsys_api.xml
- Could not load optional configuration arsys_api.xml
- Trying to load configuration default.xml
- jrpcMode: true
- jniLoadMode: 1
- apiRecordingMode: 0
- maxProxiesPerServer: 10
- minimumSupportedServerRpcVersion: 12
- connectionMaxRetries: 0
- timeLagBetweenRetriesMillSec: 1000
- stringizeFieldAssignments: false
- stringizeSetIfQualification: false
- useLegacyQualParser: false
- useLegacyAssignParser: false
- useLegacyQualFormatter: false
- useLegacyAssignFormatter: false
- Client sets connection limits per server to :80
- Client sets useConnectionPooling to : true
- Could not load native library
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\BMC
Software\ARSystem\midtier\WEB-INF\lib\arutiljni75.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32
application
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
 at com.bmc.arsys.api.NativeLibraryLoader.load(Unknown Source)
 at com.bmc.arsys.util.ARUtilEgcp.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
 at com.remedy.arsys.config.Configuration.getARServerPassword(Unknown Source)
 at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.ServerLogin$AdminHost.getPassword(Unknown Source)

I submitted a ticket to BMC but they said this is unsupported.  It doesn't mean
it's not supposed to work because I have another machine where the above
installation/configuration works.  By the way, I also get the error below when
I log in to the config page.

HTTP Status 500 -
________________________________
type Exception report
message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.
exception

root cause

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
com.bmc.arsys.util.ARUtilEgcp.CCPUtilApp(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z

        com.bmc.arsys.util.ARUtilEgcp.CCPUtilApp(Native Method)

        com.remedy.arsys.config.Configuration.login(Unknown Source)

        com.remedy.arsys.config.ConfigServlet.login(Unknown Source)

        com.remedy.arsys.config.ConfigServlet.doLogin(Unknown Source)

        com.remedy.arsys.config.ConfigServlet.performOperation(Unknown Source)

        com.remedy.arsys.config.ConfigServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)

        com.remedy.arsys.config.ConfigServlet.postInternal(Unknown Source)

        com.remedy.arsys.config.ConfigServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0.20 logs.

Has anyone out there encountered and resolved this issue in the past?  Thanks
in advance!

-Alvin

copies of the original message.