From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Appajee Papolu
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:28 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: OT: Appajee...

** Hi

[Sincere apologies for OT and this long note. I am re-posting this note as my
previous attempt did not make it to ARSLIST (it appears to be)]

After a long 12 years at BMC Software, I have recently decided it was time
for me to move on and pursue other interests. So I left BMC on 01/29/10,
yes, you can say that was the result of New Year's resolutions! :-)

My personal contact is (appa...@gmail.com<mailto:appa...@gmail.com>) if at all
needed. I would greatly
appreciate offline communication directed at my email, especially if the
topic is unrelated to the business of ARSLIST. In other words, I do not want
to get scolded, for spamming or causing one, by ARSLIST admins :-)

If you care to read along --

I have been itching to do some thing new for a while. But then again, your
job or situation or family or whatever -- there always have been just enough
things to engage your attention, sustain your passion and so on - to keep
you going in status-quo mode. There always seemed to be the time was never
right, things are flowing at their pace and you're in your comfort zone etc.
On the flip side, the most precious asset all of us have "the time" is
slipping away too. In other words, I am not getting any younger. So

During this Christmas break - I thought a lot, my wife & I discussed amongst
us a lot and of course we discussed as family with our kids too in a way
they can understand. Finally we made the call that I get to do some thing
new this year. So 2010 is my year of change and thusly I quit my job end of
Jan. Of course it is a hard decision - we decided to make some sacrifices,
venture into the unknown.  The plan is - I come out of my previous
employment, take a breather, then look at other opportunities - starting up
some thing new by myself (or) working with some one doing so (or) find work
at  different (preferably small/dynamic) place as its quite possible that
simply change of place/work/situation may rejuvenate fresh perspective into
things.

Reflections thus far - I do not miss working at BMC at all <g> even though I
am friends with some of the nicest folks there and contributed to few things
that I am very proud of. (a) I have been quite busy with a bunch of reading
up things mainly in web, cloud areas and a little in mobile.
(b) We have recently finished big size landscaping project at my home - kept
me very busy as I acted as owner/contractor myself and hired a couple of
guys to do the job. We did a lot - we demolished our swimming pool, dirt
filled it, poured stamped concrete in the backyard, built a pergola, painted
the home exterior, slate tiled the front porch, entryway, and more. I think
it does give a great new look to our old home. Well, now I am trying to do
some thing similar with myself too in terms of work/interests! :-)

Would love to keep in touch, my personal contact info below.

Thanks
Appajee
appa...@gmail.com<mailto:appa...@gmail.com>
[Yes, this content is from a note I previously wrote, now with few edits.
Wonderful copy-paste!! :-)]