From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Raj
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 2:21 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: {Remedy ARS} Re: COLCOUNT not working

Hi Joe,
Filter is on submit.
Only one If Action

Set Fields Action (Current Transaction- Current Transaction)

FIELD NAME<--COLCOUNT($COLUMN NAME$)

(There is only one column in the table, that DB ID of the column field
is "COLUMN NAME" and DB ID of the field to be set is "FIELD NAME". I
am doing the above action , please see below for more details:

Set Fields Action

Name  FIELD NAME
Value  COLCOUNT($COLUMN NAME$)

This COLCOUNT is not working properly, it is always setting the value
"15" to the field FIELD NAME. Although I checked there are 20 entries
in that column(Table).
So the value should be 20 but it is 15.

Thanks,
Raj

On May 10, 11:01 am, Joe DeSouza <joe_rem...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Raj,
>
> sum(fieldname) is the function used across most standard databases to do
> something similar to a colcount()
>
> update table tablename set fieldname = sum(field2name) where your
> conditions...
>
> Just curious - what are your actions on your filter that doesn't seem to work?
>
> Hope this helps..
>
> Cheers
>
> Joe

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.