From: Brad Terhune [brad.terh...@live.com]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 1:32 PM
Subject: Trepidation moving from ARS 6.3 to 7.5 with Helpdesk 5.6 baggage

**
Hey everyone.
I am currently running ARS 6.3 (with some patching) and the Helpdesk 5.6 forms.
 Remember those?  I like them.  They work wonderfully for us.
The server is Windows Server 2003 R2 and the database is remote and Oracle.

-Anyway, I am currently buying maintenance and support from BMC.  I was told
that in order to stay within the realms of support I would need to upgrade ARS
to 7.5.
-Has anyone else done that using Helpdesk 5.6 with any measure of success?

-Also, has anyone moved away from Helpdesk 5.6 to a different, “out of the box”
Helpdesk from BMC?  What do you think about it?

Sorry for such broad questions, but I really would like to know if my present
system is sustainable.
If not, I’d like to hear what other people on the list tried that worked (or
did not work)?

Thank you,
Brad Terhune
brad.terh...@live.com<mailto:brad.terh...@live.com>
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Memphis, TN