I have also had (different) issues using 7.5 p4 for a fresh install.  This
was on Windows 2008 64bit.  I end up installing patch 1 since I had
successfully done fresh installs with it in the past.  Then we went to patch
3 and finally patch 4.

I am thinking what you are seeing most likely related to the hardening but
it might be worth a shot to start with p1.

Jason