  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Howard Richter
  Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 4:58 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Issues installing ARS 7.5 on a remote MS SQL database, after the
install the arserver can't find the dataabase.

  **
  All,

  For the past few days I have been fighting an install of ARSystem 7.5
patch 5 (and even tried patch 4) on to a remote MS SQL 2005 database. The
remote server has both MSSQL 2000 and MSSQL 2005, so I am not using the
default port of 1433 (since 2005 is set to use 2564 and it’s a named
incidence.

  I have been able to get the installer to install and create the database
and even the user, however, when the ARServer starts it cannot find the
database.  Also I cannot find any setting in either the ar.cfg or the
ardb.cfg that is used for the port number of a database.

  I am working with BMC support, however, I thought that I would ask the
list and see if anyone had some ideas.

  Thanks to all and happy father’s day,

  Howard

  --