Hi Guys/Gals,

This is a general question that people with ITSM 7+ on ARS 7.1 patch less
than 4 - or less (ARS 6 eg) on MS-SQL can answer for me.

I think the "ViewName" column was added to arschema in 7.1 patch 4.  Anyone
know if this is right or when it was added?

For servers prior to this, I use the following algorithm to derive the view
name

1) change all special characters to _
2) use User_x for User
Here's the tricky bit:
3) (for Oracle), if there are more than one table with a common name in the
first 30 characters,
for all but the first one (lowest schemaid), substitute an underscore and
the schema id for
the last set of characters

So for example, in my case on a 7.0.1 ARS ITSM 7.1 p 1

AST:PurchaseRequisitionLineItemOuterJoin
AST_PurchaseRequisitionLine911   911
AST:PurchaseRequisitionLineItemInnerJoin
AST_PurchaseRequisitionLineIte   910
BMC.CORE:BMC_ApplicationSystemServices   BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSys172  172

BMC.CORE:BMC_ApplicationSystem_  BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem  123
BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedProductLink
BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_Federat132   132
BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedInterfaceLink
BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_Federat134   134
BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedProduct     BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_Federat144  144

BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedInterface   BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_Federat145  145

BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedProduct_    BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_Federate98  98

BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedInterface_  BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_Federate99  99

BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedInterfaceLink_
BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_FederatedI   65
BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedProductLink_
BMC_CORE_CONFIG_BMC_FederatedP   63

The question for all you MS-SQL Guys is what is the maximum length of a view
name and does ARS use this maximum?

If you have 7.1 p 4 or greater with ITSM 7.x, the following SQL will let you
know:

select name, viewname, schemaid from arschema where name like
'BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_FederatedI%'
or
select name, viewname, schemaid from arschema where name like '
BMC.CORE:BMC_MemberOfCollectio%'

Really appreciate any responses.

Thanks
Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com> Ben.Chernys _AT_
softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/>  <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/>
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/