I tried the import on my Windows PC using Windows verison of arimportcmd, with
the same result...log file is there with those 4 lines and nothing happens.

I tried the same mapping on the same PC using Remedy Import. It works.

About Windows vs Unix bin vs text...I am aware of the difference and I
transferred the file to Solaris using text mode. At any rate, above experiment
rules out line ends as the issue.

What's the deal with arimportcmd?? It reads the mapping, then writes the header
on the right log file...then decides to take a vacation??? Sucks.