From: <Prashanth Bhagawat> <prashanth.bhaga...@accenture.com>
Subject: Re: ARS 6.3/Oracle 9 -to- ARS 7.5/Oracle 11g
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 12:49 AM

**

Hi
Tripathi,

If
it's mentioned in the product manual about the compatibility, then its there
for some reason, you might or might not get problems while installation.

We
were trying something similar upgrading 6.3/9i >> upgrade database to 10g
>>upgrade ARS 6.3 to 7.1>>upgrade 7.1 to 7.5, but up-gradation
failed while going to 7.5, 10g upgrade should not take more time so don’t
skip any steps in your up gradation activity. Go through the release notes or
installation guides of ARS for each version and document the steps that you
need to take care for ARS up-gradation as well as database specific settings
you need to do and then start up-gradation.

Few
things that you need to take care is that no duplicate user profile entries in
user form

If
there are any customizations done on user and group forms then you will have
issues with the views of the user and group forms once you upgrade to 7.1

You
are attempting an ITSM up-gradation or custom application, if it is set of
custom applications then you can think of migration from 6.3 to 7.5 using remedy
migrator directly, all you need is setup of your new 7.5 environment.

Regards,

Prashanth
Bhagawat

-----Original