From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Amey Bhosale
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Monitoring Process like Arserver , Apache , Tomcat using Remedy

**
Hi All,

I have requirement where i need to monitor the process like Arserver , Email
Engine , Apache , Tomcat using Remedy.

The plan is to have a form which will display a table with records like
Arserver , Email Engine , Apache , Tomcat .

So the table would have column like Component Name , Component Status.The
Component Status is a radio button created on the form which will have value
Running or Stopped.

So when the process is Running the record will be displayed in green and if
stopped then red.

So do i need to use an Escalation where i will use a Run Process to run the
grep command to check whether the process individually are running for Arserver
, Email Engine , Apache , Tomcat

The grep command does return a long string output e.g. ps -ef | grep ars would
return 4 - 6 process running i.e. arserverd , armonitor etc.

But then this long output how will store in Remedy and confirm the Component
status to be set as Running or Stopped ?

So can someone please suggest me as how should i approach with this requirement
?

Regards,

Amey Bhosale