Joe,

I once used DSO to keep my reporting server up to date J…..so it’s not
necessarily just for follow the sun J

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:45 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Moving/copying data from one server to another...

**

Richard,

What is the purpose of copying this data? Depending on that your tools and
hence the method would vary..

DSO is for copying data to 'follow the sun' to ensure business continuity
irrespective of the time locally in case you have global operations.

DB / system Replication is another alternative. For replication there is more
than one method and your choice really depends on the resources available.

Joe

  _____