From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 11:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: BMC Analytics vs Dashboard...the difference?

From the blurbs reproduced below, I can't tell the difference. It must be
geared towards people with higher pay and higher intelligence. What's the
difference in purpose, content, technology?

Dashbaords mentions "process", Analytics seems to focus on ITSM. Can't tell
what it amounts to. Anybody?

In  case you're thinking this is too easy....how's any of this any different
from the OOB reports ITSM comes with?

I know this might be a question for sales folks...but they are soooo chatty.

Thanks.

ps: I did read the pdf brochures, only to end up more disoriented as to what is
what and why these two beasts.

=====

BMC Analytics for BSM

Out-of-the-box reporting and analysis for technical and non-technical users

Puts critical business intelligence at your fingertips for more informed and
accurate decisions.

    * Best practice reports for BMC Remedy IT Service Management, BMC Atrium
CMDB, BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management, and more BMC solutions
    * Create ad hoc reports in seconds through interactive point-and-click
analysis; no programming required
    * Easily share Web-based reports with IT and business stakeholders
    * Runs on industry-leading BusinessObjects technology

==========
BMC Dashboards for BSM

Link critical IT processes into a dashboard view of aggregated performance
indicators enabling timely, fact-based decisions

This product:

    * Includes best-practice metrics and key performance indicators aligned to
business services
    * Leverages a highly intuitive, graphical interface with aggregated metrics
across IT support and operations processes
    * Provides “just enough” drill-down, as well as trending capabilities
across business services
    * Supports fully customizable, personalized, and role-based views

With BMC Dashboards for BSM, you have access to the right data at the right
time to optimize decisions and improve the performance of your IT functions.