Hi Gang,

I just got back from a planning meeting with the Hard Rock Hotel in Las
Vega. For those who were there last year, you are in for a surprise. The
new tower is open and it brings with it a new night club, spa, larger
pool, and a really fun restaurant. On a techie level, the wifi in the
conference area is now a full 5 bars (picture me the geek walking around
with my laptop checking it out). There will be an Internet cafe for
those who don't want to drag their laptop downstairs. For those of you
who've not been there, be prepared for a great conference location and a
lot of awesome content.

As part of my duties working with the vendors, I had to prepare a list
for BMC of all items that various groups within BMC have agreed to do. I
have to say, it is pretty impressive! To me it is all the technical
goodness of a BMC sponsored event without the overdose of sales focus :)
 BMC is really being great working with us on this and I hope you will
show up to take advantage of the opportunity!

BMC's involvement -

Bob Beauchamp - Key Note Speaker at the General Session on Tuesday
October 19th.

Doug Mueller -Speaker at the General Session on Wednesday October 20th
and generally accessible for the conference to be Doug :) If you've not
had one on one time with Doug, you've not experienced Remedy nirvana or
changed your self on a technical level.

Platinum Booth Sponsor - BMC will have a booth in the Technology
Showcase where you can see the latest and greatest, get your questions
answered, etc.

Evening with Engineering Sponsor - BMC is sponsoring the event which
includes dinner. BMC will also be providing engineers/experts in the
tradition of RUGs past.

Session Presenters - BMC is signed up to deliver the breakout sessions
listed below.
*BMC: What's New in AR System 7.6.03
*MidTier: Best Practices and Implementation for Optimal Performance
*Richer UI Capabilities in AR System 7.6.03
*The New AR-Based, BMC Remedy Knowledge Management- One solution - One
Vendor
*What is new in ITSM version 7.6.03
*State of the Art Integration for AR System and Atrium
*Accelerated Development using Developer Studio in AR System 7.6.03
*Tuning The Mid-Tier/Web Infrastructure for Hi-Performance and
Troubleshooting Performance Issues
*Life Beyond the Remedy User Tool: Why it's Safe to Leave it Behind
*How to Build a Successful Service Request Management Solution
*Localize Your AR System Applications using Developer Studio L10n
Toolkit
*Manage and Create Content for the AR System Home Page
*Ad-Hoc Web Reporting for AR System 7.6.03
*Discover the new Full Text Search Infrastructure in AR System version
7.6
*User Interface Design Patterns in AR System
*Lean Application Design: The Effects of Normalization
*Extending Developer Studio with Custom Plugins
*Protecting customizations or extensions across upgrades

Executive Session Presenters -
*Opening Session with Doug Mueller, Founder of the AR System.
*Service Desk Optimization.
*Enterprise Change & Release Management.
*Service Asset Lifecycle Management.

As you can see, it is a pretty impressive list. With the release of the
7.6.03 products, I know I'm looking forward to what they have to tell
us.

See you in Vegas!

... only 6 weeks and counting

Kelly Deaver